LeRoy Jones, MD
University of Colorado, Boulder, 1983
Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, 1988
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, 1990
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, 1994
Preceptorship in Prosthetic Urology
Associate Clinical Professor, Division of Urology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
American Board of Urology, 1996 ; Recertified 2004
Dr. LeRoy Jones is an authority in the field of sexual medicine including erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, low testosterone (hypogonadism), and premature ejaculation. In particular, he is recognized for his expertise in prosthetic urology.
During his career, he has performed more than 2,000 penile prosthesis and artificial urinary sphincter procedures. He frequently travels abroad teaching other surgeons his techniques for prosthetic urology. Dr. Jones has published dozens of journal articles and regularly serves as the principal investigator for clinical trials related to prosthetics and sexual medicine.
- Dr. Jones is the President of the Society of Urologic Prosthetic Surgeons
- Dr. Jones served as a principal investigator for the clinical trial of Xiaflex, an injectable medication for Peyronie’s Disease. Because of his involvement in the trial, Dr. Jones is one of the first urologists approved to offer this treatment to patients.
- Dr. Jones is one of the most experienced urologists in the field of prosthetic urologic surgery. He is among the 1% of urologists in the world who perform more than 80 prosthetic surgeries (inflatable penile prosthesis and artificial urinary sphincter placements) a year.
- In 2005, Dr. Jones and Urology San Antonio Research were one of eight centers in the nation invited to test the new AdVance male sling designed to correct mild urinary incontinence in men who have undergone prostate surgery. The device received FDA approval in 2006.
- Dr. Jones was awarded the Thomas P. Ball, M.D. Residency Teaching Award in 2002. This prestigious award is bestowed by UT Health Science Center at San Antonio urology residents.
Specialties: Prosthetic Urology – Penile Implants, Erectile Dysfunction, Low Testosterone, Male Infertility, Peyronie’s Disease, Premature Ejaculation, Urinary Incontinence, Prostate Cancer, Vasectomy, Vasectomy Reversal
Appointments: Mondays; Wednesday mornings; Thursdays; Fridays
In Surgery: Some Monday mornings; Tuesdays
Center for Men’s Health & Wellness
7909 Fredericksburg Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78229
“Dr. Jones, the vasectomy reversal you performed on August 2 was successful! Thank you for your expertise and the care provided during and after the procedure. We are excited to report that we are almost 11 weeks pregnant (pregnant after only 2 cycles) and are expecting a baby in June. We could not have done this without your help and your entire team! Thank you ALL so much!!!!”
“I am a recent vasectomy reversal patient performed by Dr. LeRoy Jones. I am letting you and Dr. Jones my wife is now 10 weeks pregnant. Great job Dr. Jones and Urology S.A. Obviously the surgery was a success. Thank you for my gift.”
“I specifically wish to thank Dr. Jones for his help, persistence, and forceful correspondence to make me take action [about a medical issue] that I definitely had been putting off and delaying. Thanks, Dr. Jones! I really appreciate your help and motivation!”
Do Male Enhancement Pills Work?