Welcome to the Urology San Antonio Pharmacy. We began offering pharmacy services to our patients in 2015. Since then, we have expanded our services to make ordering and delivery of medications easy for our patients. This helps you receive integrated, high-quality care.
Pickup & Delivery
We offer prescription delivery to any of our 7 clinic locations across San Antonio. Prescriptions may also be picked up from our Pharmacy at 7909 Fredericksburg Road, Suite 110a. When filling your prescription, please let us know your preference.
If Urology San Antonio is your pharmacy, the fastest way to refill a prescription is by sending a request online. You may also call (210) 582-5675 or toll-free (800) 798-5111.
Please be mindful of these prescription refill guidelines:
- Patients must have been seen by their provider within the last year. (Request an appointment, if needed.)
- Plan ahead. Allow at least 3 business days for routine refill requests.
Patients always have a right to choose their Pharmacy. Your urologist will provide prescriptions to any pharmacy you choose.
Forms of Payment
The pharmacy accepts cash, check, credit, and FSA/HSA cards. We’re unable to accept money orders.
Pharmacy Patient Bill of Rights
When is Urology San Antonio Pharmacy Open?
- A Urology San Antonio Pharmacy employee is available to answer any questions you may have during normal business hours.
Business Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
7909 Fredericksburg Road Suite 110a
San Antonio, TX 78229
- A Pharmacist-on-Call is available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week for any question you may have. Pharmacists are available for emergency and clinical situations such as side effects and medication assistance as well as complaint resolution. In addition, Pharmacists have access to Urology San Antonio Pharmacy facility if patient need would require support from the systems and/or prescription fulfillment Since changes in prescriptions require a physician’s involvement, after hour issues are handled by our Physician on Call who then will contact the Pharmacist should the need arise. Physicians are on call 24/7/365.
How do I order a new prescription?
- Your prescriber must send a valid prescription to our pharmacy via their preferred means. When a valid prescription is on file, you may use our app or you may call into our pharmacy to place your order and to setup a pick-up during regular business hours or arrangement for shipment, if preferred.
- During business hours, you can call the pharmacy to speak with a staff member or follow the prompts to request your refill by leaving a voicemail with all pertinent information as requested in the message. After hours, you can follow the prompts to request a refill by leaving a message for the pharmacy staff requesting medication refill. Please include in your message medication name, your first and last name, address, date of birth, daytime phone number, and additional requested information per the voicemail.
- Your doctor can e-scribe or fax a new prescription to us. Please note, certain controlled substance medications cannot be faxed, and Urology San Antonio Pharmacy does not currently dispense controlled substances. In the event that Urology San Antonio begins to dispense controlled substances, the paper copy of these prescriptions must be sent to the pharmacy before it can be
- You may request a refill using the MobileRX web-accessible app.
Get the app from Apple iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
- Your prescription may be filled with a generic equivalent substitution based on state law, equivalency rating and in accordance with company policy. Please ask a pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
- A Urology San Antonio Pharmacy employee will let you know if Urology San Antonio Pharmacy is unable to fulfill any medication request. Suggestions and guidance on where the medication may be available will be given upon request by the pharmacist on duty.
How long does it take to receive my prescription?
- Urology San Antonio Pharmacy will call to schedule your refill order 7 days before you should run out of medication.
- If you run out prior to Urology San Antonio Pharmacy contacting you, or you would like to go ahead and order your refill, please contact us. Please have your prescription number(s) available to place your order.
- If you have signed up for the complimentary Urology San Antonio web portal, refills can be requested through the web portal. Please provide additional comments if there are any specific delivery instructions or requests. If there are any additional questions, clarifications, or missing elements on the web portal refill form, a Urology San Antonio Pharmacy staff member will contact you directly to gather the required information
- An automated refill option is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. If ordering an automated refill, please also leave a message with any specific delivery instructions or request Urology San Antonio Pharmacy staff contact you prior to medication being shipped.
- Please let a Urology San Antonio Pharmacy employee know if you have run out of refills and would like a call to your physician to be made for a new prescription.
- Please remember to always inform Urology San Antonio Pharmacy of any insurance, address or health changes.
- If you need your prescription immediately, please let a Urology San Antonio Pharmacy employee know so your order can be expedited. If you cannot wait for a shipment, you may ask about having your prescription transferred to a local pharmacy. The prescription can be transferred back to Urology San Antonio Pharmacy the next time it is needed.
How much will my prescription cost?
- Prescription cost will vary depending on your insurance.
- Because drug pricing can change daily, a final determination of your co-pay cost cannot be made until your claim is processed. You may also call the Member Services phone number on your prescription insurance card to get the most current information.
- If you are unable to afford the out-of-pocket cost for your prescription, Urology San Antonio Pharmacy will work to identify co-pay card assistance, patient assistance programs, or possible support form charitable organizations.
- The cost may also vary depending on the quantity of medication. Your prescription will be filled for the amount of medication that the physician prescribes. Please be sure to advise your physician to prescribe for the maximum amount/days’ supply allowable by your insurance coverage (days allowed may vary by plan).
- If you have Medicare Part D drug coverage, the cost of your prescription will change significantly as you meet your deductible and initial co-pay, progress through the “donut hole” and reach total out-of-pocket expense. Reimbursement Specialists can assist you in determining and understanding your options.
How can I pay for my prescription order?
- Urology San Antonio Pharmacy accepts all major credit cards, check, or cash.
How can I safely dispose of my medications?
- Click here to visit the FDA’s site on safe disposal of medications or refer to the handouts in your welcome packet.
- You will be notified by a Urology San Antonio Pharmacy employee if there is a recall on your medication and given instructions on what to do.
What do I do if I think I am having a reaction to the medication?
- Please contact your urologist at (210) 614-4544 or the physician on call (by using the same phone number). If the physician desires the consult with the pharmacist, he/she may do so 24/7/365. Although you are welcome to call the pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist, contacting your physician may be the most expeditious method of securing a resolution to your concern. For example, if a medication needs to be changed, the urologist can initiate that change as opposed to the pharmacist reaching out to the physician to request a change on your behalf.