With over 18 years of experience conducting clinical trials, the Urology San Antonio Clinical Trials provides pharmaceutical study sponsors the high-quality, efficient data collection needed for FDA approval. Together, our certified Research Coordinators, Investigators and sponsors help develop better medications and treatments for patients around the world.
Conveniently located in central San Antonio with 4 additional private practice facilities, our centrally located Research facility conducts Phase I, II, III and IV clinical research studies. We not only fulfill but more often exceed enrollment goals to produce quality data for our sponsors. Our participants receive optimal patient care supervised by our onsite Principal Investigators. See the variety of Sponsors, Clinical Research Organizations (CRO) and Institutional Review Boards (IRB) we work with below.
“Urology San Antonio Clinical Trials has proven to be a valuable partner in our recent projects. Every member of the research team has shown great professionalism and responsiveness. We have been particularly impressed by how quickly they grasped our study requirements and even customized screening efforts for our studies.
They also were open to accommodate a few changes beyond the agreed scope to improve the quality of the study. Interim reports were shared periodically which helped us to review study outcomes, avoid misunderstandings, and therefore, achieve our goals.
We continue to be pleased with the contributions from this very capable site.
I highly recommend Urology San Antonio Clinical Trials as a reliable and trustworthy organization to conduct all types and phases of investigations, from initiation to completion.”
Domingo Rodriguez MD | Executive VP, Clinical Operations, Veru Inc.
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Adrenal Cancers
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Overactive bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- Enlarged prostates
- Male sexual medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Migraine Headaches
- Nutrition/Weight Loss
- Smoking Cessation
- Women’s Health
With a diverse regional population, our participant demographics mirror the general population of the US and are drawn using a variety of recruitment techniques.
- Multi-Site Private Practice
- Referrals from medical providers
- In-house subject databases
- Patient referrals
- Center Website
- Community Outreach
- Social Networking
- 201,000 annual patient visits
- 66% male, 34% female
- 85% over age 40
With years of national and international experience delivering efficient, high-quality data collection, the Clinical Trials group earned the distinction as a trusted medical research facility. Our high integrity and disciplined processes and data collection, complemented with our unique speed to market and patient recruiting techniques, ensures our sponsors receive the highest value for their clinical research investments.
Our Clinical Research Team includes experienced, highly-trained professionals.
- Board Certified Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinators
- Certified Medical Assistants
- Regulatory Staff
- Marketing and Recruitment
- PK/PD sampling, processing & storage
- Radiation therapy (prostate, bone, breast, colon, pancreatic, lymphoma, esophageal, kidney and skin) cancers
- Surgical protocols (Prostate biopsies, TURBTs, Prostatectomies, Cystoscopies)
- Medical photography
- IV Drug Infusions
- X-ray – Cystogram; IVP; KUB; Nephrostogram; Urethragram urodynamics
- Video and Non-Video Urodynamics
- 4DTC Cone Beam CT
- Historical biopsy tissue available for genomic testing
We’ve partnered with the following CROs
- INC Research
- inVentiv Health
- PRA Health Sciences
- Syneos Health
- Worldwide Clinical Trials
Our team has successfully conducted studies for leading pharmaceutical companies such as:
- Anixa Biosciences
- Astellas Pharma Global Development Inc.
- BeiGene, Ltd.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Dendreon Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Epizyme, Inc.
- Genomic Health
- Jassen R&D
- Myovant Sciences GmbH
- Nanjing Luye Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Nucleix Ltd.
- NxThera, a Boston Scientific Company
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc.
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- UroGen Pharma
- Urotronic, Inc.
- Veru, Inc.
We work closely with these Central Institutional Review Boards (IRBs):
- New England IRB
- Schulman Associates
- 3,000 Sq. Ft. Facility with 3 satellite locations
- 24/7 Temperature data logging & phone alert system
- Ambient & refrigerated centrifuges
- 2-8°C Temperature Monitored Refrigerator Drug Storage
- -20° C Temperature Monitored Vaccine Refrigerator for Drug Storage
- -70° C & -80° C Temperature Monitored Deep Freezer for Frozen Lab Specimen Storage
- Pharmacy hood
- Onsite backup generator
- Diagnostic equipment (bladder scan, ECG, multi-channel video urodynamics; uroflows)
- Pathology services
- Imaging services
- 4 Bed early phase unit
- Ambulatory surgery facility
- Private monitoring rooms
- High-speed internet access
- Business center for copying/scanning/faxing
- 30 urologists, many with experience in protocol consulting and clinical trials management
- Radiation Oncologist
- Radiation Oncologist
- 7 Advanced Practice Providers